Re: Screen corrupted in Xorg with KMS on 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML chipsetwith kernel 2.6.38.2

From: wzab
Date: Thu Apr 14 2011 - 10:57:14 EST

W dniu 12.04.2011 18:51, wzab pisze:
W dniu 12.04.2011 18:41, Bruno PrÃmont pisze:
[CCing intel-gfx]

On Tue, 12 April 2011 Wojciech ZaboÅotny<wzab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After I've upgraded my kernel to 2.6.38.2, I started to experience very
often screen corruption in X (it happened also earlier with 2.6.37.3,
but now is very often.
Hardware seems to be OK. I attach sample screendumps, configuration of
my kernel, log of the X server and output of the lspci command.

This looks similar to the xchat corruptions I see (on i855).

Have a look at #34980 (also 945 family) and #35460 on bugs.freedesktop.org.

Bruno

Yes, the similar symptoms have also been reported in Ubuntu

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/737900

I have yet another machine, with an older chipset - VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02) no corruptions occur in this machine.
Ooops, sorry, today I have noticed the same problems on the machine with Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02).

Wojtek