Re: Kbuild: how to cleanly retrieve information compilation aboutthe last build

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat Apr 16 2011 - 10:51:11 EST

> BTW are the allowed flags documented somewhere ?
Some/most supported flags are documented in Dumentation/kbuild/kbuild.txt

> > If you on a regular basis need to pass flags on the command-line
> > then you likely are doing something odd as this is not the typical use.
> > So please reconsider what you are doing.
>
> Ok, if I'm doing something wrong, I'd like to be corrected.
>
> What's wrong with passing those flags for example:
>
> $ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux
>
> or
>
> $ make CC=distcc
>
> ?
Both examples are perfectly OK. From your previous posting it
looked like you passed flags that influenced how the kernel
was built (CCFLAGS) and it did not look like you had cross-compile
nor distcc in mind - hence my comment.

Sam