Re: Suspend/resume - slow resume

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Apr 18 2011 - 15:52:48 EST

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Ciprian Docan <docan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linus - I applied your patch and attached the diff between output of dmesg
> before and after the patch as resume_timing.diff. This patch alone does not
> seem to fix the issue;

Ok, that just means that the error return from call_usermodehelper()
gets lost somewhere along the way to kobject_uevent(). Or that I
misread the whole thing.

> however, applying Francois's patch in addition to
> yours make the resume smooth.

Well, Francois' patch on its own should already have fixed it for you,
and made the whole issue moot.

Francois' patch is fine and improves on things, I only had a few
arguments with it. The problems I think it had were really about some
rather special cases.

Linus