Re: A patch you wrote some time ago (aka: "[patch 41/54] ICMP: Fixicmp_errors_use_inbound_ifaddr sysctl")

From: Alexander Hoogerhuis
Date: Wed Apr 20 2011 - 05:12:07 EST

Also, in a quick followup on myself, this is ambiguous, as it does not state that it will select the primary IP. I've

The second part is that RFC 5798 (VRRP v3) lists in section 8.1.1:

The IPv4 source address of an ICMP redirect should be the address
that the end-host used when making its next-hop routing decision.

I.e. the settings in linux, with or without the sysctl flag set, would run against this.

mvh,
Alexander Hoogerhuis | http://no.linkedin.com/in/alexh
Boxed Solutions AS | +47 908 21 485 - alexh@xxxxxxxx
"Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow." -Eric S. Raymond