Re: [Bug #32982] Kernel locks up a few minutes after boot

From: Dave Dillow
Date: Wed Apr 20 2011 - 20:38:27 EST

On 4/19/2011 12:39 PM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 5:32 AM, David Dillow<dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The mapping code for ib_srp changed in 2.6.39-rc1, but it showed
improved IOPS for a similar setup in my testing so I'd be surprised if
it is the culprit. Still, it wouldn't hurt to check. Do you have time to
try the new ib_srp code with 2.6.38.3 to eliminate it from the equation?
Hello Dave,

I just ran a test with the most important 2.6.39-specific ib_srp
commits reverted but that didn't yield a measurable performance
difference for this specific test:

Thanks for giving it a whirl,
Dave