Re: annoying new gcc 4.6.0 warnings.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Apr 21 2011 - 15:25:22 EST

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There might be some valid bugs found (I think DaveM found a few already) from this new
> warning, but it seems like everything I've looked at so far is just noise.
>
> Any thoughts ?

Yeah, let's just disable the crazy warning. Maybe some of them are
valid, but it's like the f*cking sign-compare warning: most of them
are just inane noise, and as such the warning is not worth the pain.

I assume (hope) that there is some -Wno-unused-but-set-variable thing
we could do, the same way we do -Wno-trigraphs for another totally
useless gcc warning.

Linus