Re: yenta cardbus problem

From: Germán Sanchis
Date: Mon Apr 25 2011 - 13:13:19 EST

Hi again.

First of all, thanks for your help.

Then, one small note: in my first message, the lspci info might have
been slightly incorrect: when I first posted this error in the ubuntu
forums, lspci reported the devices as:
04:00.0 PCI bridge: Texas Instruments XIO2000(A)/XIO2200(A) PCI
Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev 03)
05:00.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

whereas this morning it was reporting them at 05:00.0 and 06:00.0. I
changed that part of the post, but didn't think about changing the
rest. Right now, and with the assign_busses and override_bios options,
lspci is reporting them on 04:00.0 and 05:00.0. Just in case you
notice a small inconsistency in that sense.

I tried the "override_bios=1" parameter when loading yenta_socket, but
that does not seem to help. I did this by:

$ echo "options yenta_socket override_bios=1" >
/etc/modprobe.d/yenta_socket.conf

and rebooted. Just to let you know what was done, since it is the
first time I do this and googled for it, so I want to make sure that I
am not reporting to have tried something which I might have done
incorrectly.

I am attaching three files to this email:

- A.log is the dmesg output when the switch is in position A
- B.log is the dmesg output when the switch is in position B
- lspci.log is the output of lspci -vvv with the switch in position A.
When the switch is in position B, lspci does not report the devices 04
and 05 above.

All the files were collected with 'ddebug_query="module yenta_socket
+p" pci=assign-busses' kernel options, and with yenta_socket
override_bios option.

Thanks again for your help,

best regards,

Germán Sanchis Trilles