Re: Reiserfs deadlock in 2.6.36

From: Bastien ROUCARIES
Date: Wed Apr 27 2011 - 07:08:22 EST

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:01:48AM +0200, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Bastien ROUCARIES
>> <roucaries.bastien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Do you achieve to reproduce it ?
>>
>> Do you want I test something ?
>
> So I've run 8 parallel loops of git reset / git merge in 8 different
> repos during 2 days but I've been unable to reproduce.
>
> I'm going to retry the same with kmail. What kind of thing do you make
> with kmail for this to trigger? Can you also resend me your config
> because I can't retrieve it from our discussion.

I only retrieve every minutes a big imap account on gmail.
I do nothing else

The config is the same than debian standard kernel + debug reiserfs
option. Arch is amd64. Will send you in reply of this email

Thanks for trying to reproduce.

Note that my home directory (where lockup occurs frequently has
rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl options.

May be this bug is trigered by combinaison of relatime and acl ?