Re: [RFC 6/8] In order putback lru core

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Wed Apr 27 2011 - 19:47:30 EST

On 04/26/2011 12:25 PM, Minchan Kim wrote:

But this approach has a problem on contiguous pages.
In this case, my idea can not work since friend pages are isolated, too.
It means prev_page->next == next_page always is false and both pages are not
LRU any more at that time. It's pointed out by Rik at LSF/MM summit.
So for solving the problem, I can change the idea.
I think we don't need both friend(prev, next) pages relation but
just consider either prev or next page that it is still same LRU.

Any comment?

If the friend pages are isolated too, then your condition
"either prev or next page that it is still same LRU" is
likely to be false, no?

--
All rights reversed