Re: re-enable Nehalem raw Offcore-Events support

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Fri Apr 29 2011 - 13:47:45 EST

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011, Pekka Enberg wrote:

> Asking Linus to revert the commit is short-sighted and doesn't solve
> the problem. Learn to work with the maintainer and save yourself a lot
> of trouble.

Work "with" Ingo? That's turned out well so far. I'm sure certain
scheduler people could comment here too on where that gets you.

The kernel I run is "Linux" not "Ingoix". So I await a comment from Linus
on this issue. If it turns out that he's happy with Ingo's work, fine.
It just means I'll have to start maintaining some perf counter related
patches out of tree for those of us who actually like having control on
what we're measuring.

Vince