Re: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs

From: Al Viro
Date: Fri Apr 29 2011 - 23:03:07 EST

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 03:55:45AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:

> > Hmm. super->s_freeing_list is initialized pretty late in
> > logfs_read_sb(), and any error path _before_ that point will result in
> > a "goto err1" in logfs_get_sb_device() which will do various iputs
> > etc. All without that list initialized. That would seem to be the
> > cause of this, possibly triggered by Al's changes to ->mount from
> > read_super.

Wait a bit; _can_ we get there with non-NULL ->s_master_inode et.al.?
iput(NULL) is a noop... I don't think so, since logfs_init_journal()
is not called until after we initialize that list.

Not that I'd object against taking that initialization earlier, of course,
but there seems to be something else going on... Which iput() it is?