Re: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs

From: werner
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 00:13:38 EST

The problem that the computer crashs if zip, unzip or move a big file, started with -rc1

The problem with the secondary reset-resistent crashs after a primary and-of-boot or after-boot crash started with -rc3 or -rc4, at least I perceived it then, but it's possible that it occured also before, at least then I didn't note it

Now I see, that nor the syslog don't contain everything (this was also better with 2.6.38.4). For example, currently aren't logged these crashs which currently occure during rtc0 initializing (in addition to the other crashs protocolled in the log files). Also, as you can see from my before-last message, with the screen foto of /dev/pts/0 w.r.t. boot_vga, this also don't appear in the log file which was added at the end of the same message.

For being -rc5 , that kernel is rather bad. I hope you get through to correct it until -rc10

W.Landgraf

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:00:24 -0700