Re: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 11:18:59 EST

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM, werner <w.landgraf@xxxxx> wrote:

> Then I gone back almost to my normal / everythingyes config, but I disabled
> CONFIG_MSC_FILESYSTEMS and CONFIG-MTD , also ACPI-APEI because it needs
> PSTORE of the 1st one.

Ok, good.

> With them disabled:  The 1st booting in grafic mode was normally. I also
> could unzip a 120 MB file (what before with the everythingyes config
> crashed).   However, if I tried to unzip an appr. 500 MB file, it crashed.

So that didn't help. Let's disable some other things too.

Start off by disabling CONFIG_IDE, because you don't need it and maybe
it does stomp on the SATA stuff somehow (on your computer, you
_should_ be using just SATA_NV, I think).

But I also notice that you have enabled the X86 "extended platform"
support, and in particular CONFIG_X86_ELAN, and that will disable all
the normal CPU logic. So please turn off CONFIG_X86_EXTENDED_PLATFORM
too, and use the "normal" x86 support.

Turn off CONFIG_EISA and CONFIG_MCA too, in order to limit things a bit.

Let's see if that makes any difference.

Linus