Re: Long timeout when booting >= 2.6.38

From: Christian Hoffmann
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 16:42:24 EST

Hi,

Hrm. So, on older kernels, what do you see from:
$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource

On older and newer kernel I see the same output:
$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
tsc
$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
tsc hpet acpi_pm

Hrm. The delay in the dmesg logs doesn't really seem to correlate that
closely with the delayed tsc calibration. Hrmm..

Maybe some side effect somehow. I can't explain.

Rgds,
Chris