Re: linux-firmware tree

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 17:57:03 EST

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 14:40 -0700, Mike Waychison wrote:
> I don't see anything in the build (looking at scripts/Makefile.fwinst
> in particular) that allows the build to enumerate out-of-tree firmware
> files required by drivers. Do you have any thoughts on how this could
> be enumerated? (if it isn't already?)

Using the MODULE_FIRMWARE tags of the drivers which are built.

This is actually the reason we haven't removed the legacy firmware from
the source tree yet; it's waiting for me to implement that bit.

It shouldn't be hard to post-process the modules and list the firmware
blobs that they reference. We'd just want to make it do the same for
built-in drivers too.

--
dwmw2