Re: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 19:23:30 EST

2011/5/2 werner <w.landgraf@xxxxx>:

> The unzip problem now didn't occure, I could unzip a 140 MB and a 460 MB
> file without it crashed.
>
> Actually it works stable? I have to continue to observe what happens.

Ok, please do continue to test to make sure.

Onc eyou are sure - and _if_ that kernel is stable - please then
enable CONFIG_IDE again, just to see whether it's CONFIG_IDE or the
CONFIG_X86_ELAN that causes the problems.

I suspect IDE (that would make more sense from the standpoint of where
the problem occurs), but we'd better make sure.

Linus