RE: Error in Hyper-V modules hv_vmbus

From: Hank Janssen
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 14:45:46 EST

Juan,

I just spun up the debian VM and I downloaded the latest staging and the rc5 that
failed for you and I was about to compile it.

Let me see what happened between rc5 and rc6 to see what might have solved the
problem you were seeing.

I would say that in general the older kernels (certainly 35 and 36) are more stable
than mainline for our drivers. We are making so many changes to mainline right now
and that sometimes there are a few bugs that creep in that we have not caught yet.

They are not so much functional as structural changes.

But I would not recommend running it in production unless you like to live
dangerously. :)

Hank.

¢éì®&Þ~º&¶¬–+-±éÝ¥Šw®žË±Êâmébžìdz¹Þ)í…æèw*jg¬±¨¶‰šŽŠÝj/êäz¹ÞŠà2ŠÞ¨è­Ú&¢)ß«a¶Úþø®G«éh®æj:+v‰¨Šwè†Ù>Wš±êÞiÛaxPjØm¶Ÿÿà -»+ƒùdš_