Re: Fix powerTOP regression with 2.6.39-rc5

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri May 06 2011 - 17:29:37 EST

On 5/6/2011 1:51 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:

You could help fix the tools, and try to avoid the compatibility
issues that way. There aren't that many of them.

once we have a usable library for these (and by usable, I mean that, eg something that someone like Fedora or Ubuntu can package and install)
I will be more than happy to use it in PowerTOP. Today that does not exist.

If such library becomes reality soon, then I'll adjust PowerTOP soon as well, and we can remove the padding some time after that even if that is really desired.
But we're talking 4 bytes here....