Re: -longterm kernels

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat May 07 2011 - 15:02:00 EST

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 05:57:50PM +0200, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 08:40:40AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > Nope, I'm not making such a rule, as you are trying to tell others what
> > to do here. And I'm not going to do that.
>
> That was only a proposition, telling you what to do was not my intention.

Ah, but that's the main issue here.

It's a matter of people stepping up and doing things, not setting rules
for what others are to maintain, right?

Back to one of your points, is Red Hat somehow not aware of the current
stable/longterm situation and wishes to have things change here? Last
time I discussed this with the kernel maintainers there, they were fine
with how things are working, has this now changed?

thanks,

greg k-h