Re: USB keyboard recognized as HID keyboard but doesn't work

From: Adi J. Sieker
Date: Sun May 08 2011 - 15:52:10 EST

On 08/05/11 00:24, Christoph Fritz wrote:
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 15:59 +0200, Adi J. Sieker wrote:
On 06/05/11 14:58, Jiri Kosina wrote:
On Tue, 3 May 2011, Alan Stern wrote:

Do you know of a way for me to tell the kernel/usbhid to use interface 1
and ignore interface 0?

Well, you can always unbind interface 0 from usbhid -- it corresponds
to the 2-1.1:1.0 file in /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbhid/. If you do that,
you'll probably find the few keys which _do_ currently work suddenly
stop working.

But there's nothing to be done immediately about interface 1; usbhid is
_already_ using it. It just isn't using it correctly.

Adi,

could you please provide output of

cat /syse/kernel/debug/hid/<keyboard>/rdesc

anytime after the keyboard has been plugged, and

in /sys/kernel/debug/hid I have two devices for the keyboard. One is
0003:060B:0230.0002 and the other 0003:060B:0230.0003

attached are the rdesc files for both devices.

cat /syse/kernel/debug/hid/<keyboard>/events
> from the time you press any of the working and non-working keys? (both
> cases will be interesting).

I only get events for the working keys on the *:0002 device.
All other files were empty after I pressed some keys.

The events for the working keys are attached in the *.events file.
I first pressed backspace and then the menu key.

Hi Adi,

I'm not sure about my patch below because of interface one, maybe you
can give it a try.

What kernel version do I need? I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, so can I apply this to a 2.6.32 Ubuntu kernel or do I need a current 2.6.39?

Any ideas if I'll run into problems if I run Ubuntu 10.04 on a 2.6.39 kernel.

Cheers
Adi