Re: perf-stat per thread results

From: Juri Lelli
Date: Fri May 13 2011 - 16:11:57 EST

Hi,

On 05/13/2011 05:14 PM, Wim Heirman wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using perf-stat to look at hardware performance counters for a
parallel program. Is there a way to get counter values for each thread
individually, rather than aggregated for the whole process? I know I
can attach to a specific thread using --tid=, but due to the time
required to find the tid and attach/detach this isn't accurate for
short-running programs.
Or, alternatively, can I use perf record --stat and get an exact count
for each performance counter?

What about using PAPI library (http://icl.cs.utk.edu/papi/)?
It can be built on top of the perf subsystem and allows to get counters values on a pre-thread basis.
I used it for some experiments and works very well.

Cheers,
Juri

--
Juri Lelli
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy

Web Site: http://retis.sssup.it/~jlelli | Skype: jurile2712