Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the arm tree

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Fri May 13 2011 - 17:37:56 EST

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:26:46AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> Had you asked us before committing it one day after it was posted, or had you
> *noticed* that those files are not in your tree and are already modified in
> linux-next, you'd have gotten a response like:

Please also don't read anything into the commit date - it merely shows
when the last update happened.

My workflow for patch series involves keeping them in git right from the
start. So actually they've been in git since _before_ they were posted.
In fact, the emails which I send out for any patch series are always
generated from the git commits.

So, all my patches live in git _first_ before being mailed out.