Re: BUG: NULL pointer deref in tty port / uart

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 10:35:24 EST

> have the same issue.. looks like we should not NULL the port->tty
> if there's blocked open, but not sure what's exactly the logic
> behind "port's block_open and count" ..

A pending open is not a user of the tty as far as the rest of the stack
is concerned. I also don't see why clearing port->tty is causing this
crash because nothing on that path should ever be going via port->tty and
it isn't safe to do so.

> attached patch fixes it for me

But still breaks on hangup where we can't do that.

Where is port->tty getting misused to cause the crash, that is the bit
I'm missing somewhere.