Re: [RFC] add mount options to sysfs

From: Vasiliy Kulikov
Date: Thu May 19 2011 - 02:26:32 EST

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:17 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > 1) *IF* another sensitive file with weird permissions is found, mount
> > option is IMO the best temporary workaround.
>
> Maybe, but fixing the file would be the obvious solution.

I mean for a sysadmin, not for a developer.

What do you mean by "breaking system"? Root is able to chmod
and chown sysfs files already, he may do "chmod -R" or similar.
I suggest sane, race free way to globally restrict permissions *IF* root
wants it.

Here https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/2/25/300 you, not aware of usefull
applications of world-writable debugfs file, agreeded to statically
restrict permissions of all files. I suggest more flexible and
configurable in runtime solution. It doesn't break anything - default
behaviour doesn't differ from current one. What has changed in your
mind since 2/25?

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy Kulikov