RE: vmbus driver

From: KY Srinivasan
Date: Fri May 20 2011 - 10:08:33 EST

Chris,

I wrote the KVP component of the util driver less than a year ago and
This code was reviewed on this list before it was accepted. The KVP (Key Value Pair)
functionality supports host based queries on the guest. The data gathering in
the guest is done in user-mode and the kernel component of KVP is used to
communicate with the host. I am using the connector interface to support
communication between the kernel component and the user-mode daemon.
The KVP functionality is needed to integrate with the Microsoft management
stack on the host.

Regards,

K. Y