Re: [BUG] perf: bogus correlation of kernel symbols

From: david
Date: Sun May 22 2011 - 02:12:59 EST

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Linus Torvalds wrote:

Sure, it will likely leave some hints around (oopses etc), but still..

as an admin running a large site, I'd love to have evidence around that strange things were happening, especially prior to the exploit running.

no, I probably can't take manual action fast enough to prevent the initial exploit, but I can alarm on the failed attacks and potentially react fast enough to prevent the attacker from going further into my network.

David Lang