Re: ramoops: is using platform_drivers correct?

From: Marco Stornelli
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 13:09:21 EST

Il 23/05/2011 15:27, Stevie Trujillo ha scritto:
Hello,

ramoops (drivers/char/ramoops.c) is for "all" computers right? When I try to

Yes, or at least was my intention. It's true that this drivers is useful when you use an NVRAM, this is typical for the embedded world where the platform driver approach is more diffused. Sure at this point the module parameters are not useful. In addition the platform data struct doesn't define a way to select if to dump only oops. At the end I think a patch it's needed here. I have to look at the code to see if it's possible to use the platform data OR module parameters. I'll submit a patch.

Marco