Re: perf: regression with PERF_EVENT_IOC_REFRESH

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 13:53:51 EST

On Tue, 24 May 2011, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 11:04 -0400, Vince Weaver wrote:
> > 2.6.37, 2.6.38, or 2.6.39 then it would be silly to do it just for
> > 2.6.40.
>
> Oh, I assumed it was recent and .39/.40 would suffice.

It turns out the problem was only introduced in PAPI in November ( I had
assumed it dated back further). So maybe not as dire as it seemed at
first.

The fix to PAPI does seem to be trivial, though the whole set of
bad code was introduced to work around a different problem so I need
to verify the fix doesn't break other things.

Thanks,

Vince
vweaver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx