Re: UNIX Compatibility

From: Ted Ts'o
Date: Wed May 25 2011 - 10:38:36 EST

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 02:20:09PM +0000, Michael Witten wrote:

> Ted just got finished telling Richard that Richard thinks about tiny,
> nit-picky, really stupid stuff on which only egg-headed paper pushers
> waste time that they'll never get back.

P.S. I never said that, and it's manifestly not true. Given that
Richard apparently doesn't know the first thing about whether the SUS
is an API or ABI specification (i.e., whether or not errno numeric
values matter), it's clear he's not an egg-headed paper pusher. :-)

I'm just trying to convince him not to get seduced into the dark side
of the standards world. :-)

- Ted