Re: Kernel crash after using new Intel NIC (igb)

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Sun May 29 2011 - 03:43:16 EST

Le dimanche 29 mai 2011 Ã 09:38 +0200, Ingo Molnar a Ãcrit :

> Yes and i do this all the time as well, to make life easier for the
> stable team.
>
> What wasnt fine was to not follow up the backportable hack with the
> proper patch though. Or did you plan to do that yourself if Arun
> fails to complete the generic variant? (in which case my remark is
> moot)

I am currently working on seqlock.h split into seqcount.h and seqlock.h,
because I really need this split, but can take care of this work too, no
problem :

I asked Arun if he wanted to make this himself, because initial idea was
coming from him, not because I did not want to make it ;)