Re: linux-next: build warninga in Linus' tree

From: David Sterba
Date: Fri Jun 03 2011 - 07:11:27 EST

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 10:16:48AM -0500, Mitch Harder wrote:
> I've been playing around with resurrecting the basic sysfs
> capabilities that had been previously incorporated into btrfs.
>
> As it stands right now, it was relatively easy to re-implement sysfs
> as it was originally. However, that implementation of sysfs wasn't
> populated with much information (only total_blocks, blocks_used, and
> blocksize).

Goffredo Baroncelli (CCed) posted a patch to enhance sysfs interface:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/308902/
(http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg06777.html)

> I also had to reverse a small portion of code that was in the last
> clean-up.

Restoring the code should not be a problem, the cleanup was too eager
and I think a sysfs inteface would be good, not only for debugging
purposes or tuning.

> If a CONFIG_BTRFS_DEBUG type configuration flag is ever introduced, it
> would be interesting to resurrect btrfs' sysfs capabilities.

Hearing about CONFIG_BTRFS_DEBUG again, seems worth to add it.

david