2.6.39.1 immediately reboots/resets on EFI system

From: Jim Bos
Date: Fri Jun 03 2011 - 09:05:41 EST

*,

Just applied 2.6.39.1 but my system: 64-bit SLackware, 8GB RAM, MSI mobo
P67A-C45 bios V1.9. previously happily booting via EFI (nice to see
Linux and the other OS actually NOT overwriting each others boot
loaders!) immediately re-booted just after loading the kernel.

Not even a single message is making it on the console, almost immediate
system reset. As I noticed there are several EFI related patches, I
first tried to backout the change to setup.c but that didn't help so
backing out all the efi changes in the 2.6.39.1 patch, i.e. the files:
- arch/x86/kernel/setup.c
- arch/x86/platform/efi/efi.c
- arch/x86/platform/efi/efi_64.c
and sure enough system is booting on 2.6.39.1 with these changes removed.

Attached dmesg+config from the system on 2.6.39.1 =without= the changes
to efi.

Anything I can do to further narrow down what's causing this?

Thanks,
Jim