One Interrupted Threads per Interrupt line?

From: Monica Puig-Pey
Date: Sat Jun 04 2011 - 07:48:47 EST

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with the 2.6.31-11-rt patch installed. I'm developing a PCI device driver using hardware interrupts.
I read in the “Internals of the RT Patch” document (http://www.kernel.org/doc/ols/2007/ols2007v2-pages-161-172.pdf ) that when a device driver requests an IRQ, a thread is created to service this interrupt line (Threaded interrupts). Only ONE thread can be created per interrupt line, so shared interrupts are still handled by a single thread.

My driver requests IRQ 16, which is shared with others handlers. Typing on the shell $ps -eo pid,pri,rtprio,cmd I can see my driver requesting irq 16 and with 50 RTPRIO. At the same time I can see the others drivers requesting IRQ 16 with different real time priorities than mine( 80, 85, 50). Does this mean that there are more than ONE Threaded Interrupts for IRQ 16? or it's just the thread priority when running each handler for IRQ 16?
Finally, how could I change the 50 RT PRIO for my handler pci_9111?

Here you have the shell:

PID PRI RTPRIO CMD

658 120 80 [irq/16-uhci_hcd]
3852 125 85 [irq/16-HDA Inte]