I/O operations priority in RTOS

From: Monica Puig-Pey
Date: Sat Jun 04 2011 - 08:03:33 EST

Hello,
I'm studying how to develop drivers in a real time OS and how do they work. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with the 2.6.31-11-rt patch installed.
I would like to know the priority when executing open(), read(), write() and close() operations.
In my example the thread which is using the driver runs with 10 RTPRIO, but I don't know what happens in kernel context with the priority when running the I/O operations.
Thank you for your help, I don't know where to learn about this.

Mónica