Changing Kernel thread priorities

From: Monica Puig-Pey
Date: Mon Jun 06 2011 - 07:47:08 EST

I am writing a driver which has one kernel thread associated with it.
I want to change the priority of this thread, so that I can specify the order in which it is scheduled following an interrupt.
I'm using:

sched_setscheduler(struct task_struct *, int, struct sched_param *);

but it doesn't work. I tried to change the priority from the init_module, and also from the Kernel Thread, but there is no way.

Kernel version is 2.6.31-11-rt

What do I call to change a kernel thread priority?

Thanks you very much

Mónica