Re: XFS problem in 2.6.32

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 09:36:50 EST

On Jun 7, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> i've massive problems with a machine using 2.6.32 kernel and XFS: I've desribed the problem here:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/xfs/msg04984.html
>
> The reply on the XFS mailinglist was:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/xfs/msg04994.html
>
> So who keeps track on which patches needs to get backported or not? And who will backport XFS fixes back to 2.6.32?

An interested kernel developer. They can become interested because they personally have the time or interest, or because someone pays them to become interested. Support of the stable kernel series is not something that happens magically, or which is funded by a charity, you know. That's why some companies pay $$$ for a supported distribution kernel.

-- Ted