Re: ketchup script and 3.0

From: david
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 16:51:10 EST

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Matt Mackall wrote:

But my point is that if we have adhoc transitions, we will encounter the
"fix all the scripts and websites" pain at every transition. And tools
that are managed via distros and the like can literally take years to
get into the hands of users. It'd be nice if the copy of ketchup shipped
in <enterprise distro> just worked 3 years from now because 4.0 wasn't a
surprise.

if you special case 2.4->2.6, and make the default that 4.0 > 3.x, 5.0 > 4.x, etc won't things 'just work' for the forseeable future?

David Lang