Re: XFS problem in 2.6.32

From: Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
Date: Thu Jun 09 2011 - 03:22:25 EST

If you want someone to blame, then point the fingers at me, not
RedHat or RedHat's processes - RedHat is not involved in the
processes and decisions as to what fixes
get backported into the community stable trees. How that is done
is mainly dictated by available resources, which are generally
scarce. We push bug fixes into the lastest kernel release, and if
known to be needed for stable series they get pushed back via the
stable queues.
I'm really sorry that my post goes that way. It was never my intention to blame anybody for anything.

I just didn't know the things work and was just wondering that Redhat had a fix which wasn't pushed back to vanilla 2.6.32. But i also didn't know that the xfs codebase is totally different due to other backports.

I'm sorry.

Stefan