Re: linux-next: Tree for June 8 (docbook/media)

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Thu Jun 09 2011 - 19:33:05 EST

Em 09-06-2011 17:32, Randy Dunlap escreveu:
> On 06/09/11 12:43, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

>>> I'll take a look on it.
>>>
>>> FYI, The next build will probably be noisier, as it is now pointing to some
>>> documentation gaps at the DVB API. Those gaps should take a longer time to fix,
>>> as we need to discuss upstream about what should be done with those API's,
>>> that seems to be abandoned upstream (only one legacy DVB driver uses them).
>>> However, I was told that some out-of-tree drivers and some drivers under development
>>> are using them.
>>>
>>> So, I intend to wait until the next merge window before either dropping those
>>> legacy API specs (or moving them to a deprecated section) or to merge those
>>> out-of-tree drivers, with the proper documentation updates.

>>> Thanks for noticing it. We don't need this target anymore. I'll write a patch
>>> removing it.
>>
>> This patch should remove the undesired noise.
>

> Doesn't work for me. Did you test it?

Yes:

$ make htmldocs
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//v4l2.xml
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//media-entities.tmpl
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//media-indices.tmpl
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//videodev2.h.xml
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//audio.h.xml
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//ca.h.xml
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//dmx.h.xml
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//frontend.h.xml
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//net.h.xml
GEN /home/v4l/v4l/patchwork/Documentation/DocBook//video.h.xml
DOCPROC Documentation/DocBook/media_api.xml
HTML Documentation/DocBook/media_api.html
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: AUDIO_GET_PTS.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: AUDIO_BILINGUAL_CHANNEL_SELECT.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_RESET.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_GET_CAP.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_GET_SLOT_INFO.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_GET_DESCR_INFO.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_GET_MSG.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_SEND_MSG.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_SET_DESCR.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: CA_SET_PID.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: DMX_GET_PES_PIDS.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: DMX_GET_CAPS.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: DMX_SET_SOURCE.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: DMX_ADD_PID.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: DMX_REMOVE_PID.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: NET_ADD_IF.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: NET_REMOVE_IF.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: NET_GET_IF.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: VIDEO_GET_SIZE.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: VIDEO_GET_FRAME_RATE.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: VIDEO_GET_PTS.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: VIDEO_GET_FRAME_COUNT.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: VIDEO_COMMAND.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: VIDEO_TRY_COMMAND.
rm -rf Documentation/DocBook/index.html; echo '<h1>Linux Kernel HTML Documentation</h1>' >> Documentation/DocBook/index.html && echo '<h2>Kernel Version: 3.0.0-rc1</h2>' >> Documentation/DocBook/index.html && cat Documentation/DocBook/80211.html Documentation/DocBook/alsa-driver-api.html Documentation/DocBook/debugobjects.html Documentation/DocBook/device-drivers.html Documentation/DocBook/deviceiobook.html Documentation/DocBook/drm.html Documentation/DocBook/filesystems.html Documentation/DocBook/gadget.html Documentation/DocBook/genericirq.html Documentation/DocBook/kernel-api.html Documentation/DocBook/kernel-hacking.html Documentation/DocBook/kernel-locking.html Documentation/DocBook/kgdb.html Documentation/DocBook/libata.html Documentation/DocBook/librs.html Documentation/DocBook/lsm.html Documentation/DocBook/mcabook.html Documentation/DocBook/media_api.html Documentation/DocBook/mtdnand.html Documentation/DocBook/networking.html Documentation/DocBook/rapidio.html Docum
entation/DocBook/regulator.html Documentation/DocBook/s390-drivers.html Documentation/DocBook/scsi.html Documentation/DocBook/sh.html Documentation/DocBook/tracepoint.html Documentation/DocBook/uio-howto.html Documentation/DocBook/usb.html Documentation/DocBook/writing-an-alsa-driver.html Documentation/DocBook/writing_usb_driver.html Documentation/DocBook/z8530book.html >> Documentation/DocBook/index.html
v4l@pedra ~/v4l/patchwork $ make cleandocs
make[1]: [cleanmediadocs] Erro 1 (ignorado)
v4l@pedra ~/v4l/patchwork $ make cleanmediadocs
make[1]: [cleanmediadocs] Erro 1 (ignorado)

(the above linkend errors are due to the lack of documentation for those ioctls, as I've
explained before).

> Even this does not silence the noise for me:
>
> cleanmediadocs:
> -@rm `find $(MEDIA_OBJ_DIR) -type l` $(GENFILES) $(IMGFILES) >/dev/null 2>&1

Weird.
The errors should be doing to stderr, so 2>/dev/null should be working.

Mauro