Re: Linux 3.0-rc3

From: gmack
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 07:14:51 EST

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'm including the shortlog, which is fairly self-explanatory: small
> random changes, nothing hugely interesting. It will matter to people
> only if it happens to fix that one small nagging issue you had.
>
> But as usual, I'll ask people to give it a good testing,
>
> Linus

Breaks modules_install, as far as I can see it is creating the right
folders but not putting the actual files into them.

INSTALL arch/x86/crypto/aes-i586.ko
cp: cannot stat `arch/x86/crypto/aes-i586.ko': No such file or directory
INSTALL arch/x86/crypto/crc32c-intel.ko
cp: cannot stat `arch/x86/crypto/crc32c-intel.ko': No such file or
directory
INSTALL arch/x86/crypto/salsa20-i586.ko

etc ...

ls -l /lib/modules/3.0.0-rc3/kernel/arch/x86/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Jun 14 13:05 crypto
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Jun 14 13:05 kernel

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<>< As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.