Re: [RFC v2 02/04] procfs: add hidepid modes as mount options

From: Vasiliy Kulikov
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 10:24:38 EST

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 15:54 +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Sunday 12 June 2011, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> > +static const match_table_t tokens = {
> > + {Opt_hidepid, "hidepid=%u"},
> > + {Opt_gid, "gid=%u"},
> > + {Opt_hidenet, "hidenet"},
> > + {Opt_nohidenet, "nohidenet"},
> > + {Opt_err, NULL},
> > +};
>
> I don't really have an opinion on your patch, but it seems that it does more than
> the description explains: The hidenet/nohidenet option is in the patch as well,
> although it doesn't have much of an effect.

Correct, it is just a matter of a patch division granularity. Alexey said
the patch should be divided into pid and net parts. I divided it into
(pid + all mount opts parsing) and (actual hidenet usage). As both pid
and net parts depend on options parsing, they are not fully independent,
and cannot be well splitted (or I just don't see how).

--
Vasiliy Kulikov