Re: SLUB BUG: check_slab called with interrupts enabled

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 12:24:32 EST

On 06/15/2011 11:45 AM, Christoph Lameter wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Rik van Riel wrote:

> There are no additional special slub patches applied right? Because
some
> of the patches under discussion change the interrupt disable handling a
> bit.

Just the two attached ones, which don't seem to touch the
code path in question...

I also do not see how these could break something. But they are mucking
around with the __GFP_WAIT flag. __GFP_WAIT determines the reenabling and
redisabling of interrupts in __slab_alloc(). If some variables gets
corrupted then this could be the result.

Print out the value of gfpflags before and after the call to new_slab()
from __slab_alloc()?

Since I'm building a new kernel anyway (with Neil Horman's
patch to make netconsole work with tun/tap), I have commented
out these two slub patches.

Lets see what happens...

--
All rights reversed