Re: REGRESSION: Performance regressions from switching anon_vma->lockto mutex

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 18:41:58 EST

Yeah, I think it's ridiculous to say that glibc is not doing something stupid and that it's a problem with kernel interfaces.

Do the proc file parsing once and cache the result in a static variable. Doing it over and over again is just crazy.

Adding new system calls because glibc is crazy is insane.

Caching doesn't help because the library gets reinitialized in every child
(it may already do caching, not fully sure for this; it does it for other sysconfs at least)

I don't think glibc is crazy in this. It has no other choice.

-Andi