3.0-rc2: mei breaks suspend

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Thu Jun 16 2011 - 05:03:10 EST

Hi,

having the "mei" driver loaded, which happened automatically on my
ThinkPad X200s, successfully prevents any suspend efforts:

[39736.728116] pci_pm_suspend(): mei_pci_suspend+0x0/0xc0 [mei] returns 9999

The code has not changed since 3.0-rc2, so I did not try compiling latest
git.

Jiri Slaby hinted that this code in drivers/staging/mei/wd.c is to blame:

169 ret = wait_event_interruptible_timeout(dev->wait_stop_wd,
170 dev->wd_stopped, 10 * HZ);

I am, however, not familiar enough with timers and stuff to immediately
spot the problem.

Removing the module before suspend is a workaround.

This could be considered a regression, as suspend worked very well before
this driver was introduced :-)

Best regards,

Stefan
--