Re: SLUB BUG: check_slab called with interrupts enabled

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu Jun 16 2011 - 20:24:20 EST

On 06/16/2011 11:57 AM, Christoph Lameter wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Rik van Riel wrote:

After backing them out, I got 18 hours of uptime so far.

This could just be dumb luck, or it could be some slub vs. kswapd
interaction. Or maybe I simply am not triggering the original
bug any more because kswapd is now doing all the work, but may
still be able to trigger it under more memory pressure...

Could be some memory issue or stack corruption. This is a machine with ECC
ram right?

Yes it is, 12GB of ECC memory.

Running that much without ECC is probably a bad idea :)

Either way, since this could still be dumb luck, I'll let you
guys know if/when I see a next crash :)

OK.

30 hours uptime already.

Just a little beyond the "dumb luck" threshold.

However, I suspect the bug may still be there and
the fact that kswapd is doing more work may simply
be hiding it.

--
All rights reversed