synchronization mechanisms

From: Monica Puig-Pey
Date: Mon Jun 20 2011 - 10:27:51 EST

Hello!
As I told you in previous questions I'm developing drivers using the 2.6.31-11-rt patch under ubuntu 10.04.
It is very important for me to know about which real time synchronization mechanisms do I have.
I found the RT-mutexes, with priority inherintance, the plists (priority lists) and now I'm looking for more information about semaphores. I haven't found anything relevant in the code that I could know that they work well under real time, having a priority queue of tasks waiting on it. So I've made an easy example where I have 3 kernel threads with different priorities each (60,70,80) in the semaphore queue. Then I see is always the most priority kthread who wakes up the first. Good! It seems to work as a RT semaphore!
In my code I have an error. I can use down_interruptible but I can't use down_killable. Why is it?
Could anybody give me some help about semaphores in the rt-patch and about any other synchronization mechanism thought for real time?

Thanks a lot

Mónica