Re: virtio scsi host draft specification, v3

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Wed Jun 29 2011 - 06:07:07 EST

On 06/29/2011 12:03 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I agree here, in fact I misread Hannes's comment as "if a driver
> uses more than one queue it is responsibility of the driver to
> ensure strict request ordering". If you send requests to different
> queues, you know that those requests are independent. I don't think
> anything else is feasible in the virtio framework.

That doesn't really fit very well with the SAM model. If we want
to use multiple queues for a single LUN it has to be transparent to
the SCSI command stream. Then again I don't quite see the use for
that anyway.

Agreed, I see a use for multiple queues (MSI-X), but not for multiple queues shared by a single LUN.

Paolo