Re: [alsa-devel] SB16 build error.

From: Clemens Ladisch
Date: Thu Jun 30 2011 - 09:10:37 EST

Ralf Baechle wrote:
> I have no idea how big the soundblaster microcode being loaded actually is,
> that is if the reduced size of 0x1f00 will be sufficient.

The biggest file is WFM0001A.CSP with 0x2df0 bytes.

> I don't see how the old ioctl can possibly have been
> used before so there isn't a compatibility problem.

The code uses SNDRV_SB_CSP_MAX_MICROCODE_FILE_SIZE but doesn't care what
the size field of the ioctl code is, so we could use any random value on
those architectures.

> Or you could entirely sidestep the problem and use request_firmware()
> but I guess that's more effort than you want to invest.

The driver already implements this for a bunch of predefined CSP code
blobs. I'm not sure whether anybody has ever loaded additional .csp
files.

Regards,
Clemens