RE: [E1000-devel] 2.6.39.2: skb_over_panic: kernel BUG atnet/core/skbuff.c:127!

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Fri Jul 01 2011 - 21:53:47 EST

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Ronciak, John wrote:

Hi,

Here's another crash: (see the dmesg, its right when powering the disks up)
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20110627/IMG_2704.JPG

In this case, I was mkfs.xfs -f (some disks attached to a sata dock) over
an Sil 3132 card, I disconnected the card and re-ran it w/ the on-board
SATA controller and the problem no longer occurred (crashed repeatedly
everytime with the NIC error), strange.

In any case, will let you know if there are any further crashes after
removing that PCI-e card.

Justin.

Hello,

Please ignore all my bug reports concerning kernel crashes for the past 3-4
weeks, my PSU from 2008 failed, I replaced it and my system is back up and
running, I'm sure it will be fine now.

I'll also update the bugzilla entry, for 2.6.38->2.6.39.

Thanks,

Justin.