Re: OpenRISC Architecture: Patch set version 2

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Tue Jul 05 2011 - 11:56:43 EST

On Saturday 02 July 2011, Jonas Bonn wrote:
> This is version 2 of the OpenRISC architecture patch set. Changes
> since version 1 include:
>
> - general cleanups, removing unused code and variables, taking care of
> compiler warnings, etc.
> - cleanups for all the errors spotted by checkpatch.pl
> - changes in response to the feedback received for version 1 of the patch set
> - simplification of the fixmap code
> - simplification of the DMA code
> - calculate loops_per_jiffy from cpu frequency passed in via devicetree
> - rework io.h to use more generic code
> - rework the delay code, making it more generic
>
> - also, the module code has been reworked, making it more generic; this is
> not included in this patch as the generic parts are still pending review

I think this is basically ready for inclusion in 3.1. There are a few details
that you can still improve, but I see no reason to hold up the merge into
mainline. After you have addressed the comments that are still outstanding
at this time, please add "Reviewed-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx>"
to all the patches.

The most important part to work out are the device tree bindings, as discussed
for patch 2. Once you have a version of that patch that everyone is happy
with, please post the entire series including the patches that address common
code once more.

> Once again, all this code can be found in the 'for-upstream' branch at:
>
> git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux

IMO it would be best if Stephen added that branch to linux-next right
away, so we get some test exposure on your common code changes before
the merge window.

Arnd